Site in Welsh
Become a Welsh Youth Parliament Member
Welcome to the Welsh Youth Parliament Nomination Site.
This is where you can apply to stand as a candidate in the Welsh Youth Parliament’s first elections.
- Nomination open 3-30 September 2018
- Election 5-25 November 2018
Only young people between the age of 11 and 17 at the time of the election are eligible to stand.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
To submit your nomination, we will need the following information:
- Contact details
- The local area (called a constituency) you want to stand for election in (if you’re not sure which constituency you should select, please click here)
- The 3 key issues you would campaign for if elected - 5 word limit
- Your candidate statement (this should focus on the reasons you believe you would make a good Welsh Youth Parliament Member) – 200 word limit
- An accurate photograph (optional) of you– JPEG format no larger than 4mb
Your key issues and statement will appear bilingually and will be translated into Welsh or English, dependant on the language you submit it to us. If you would like to submit your statement bilingually, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you’ve submitted your nomination, it will be reviewed by the Welsh Youth Parliament Team. If all relevant information is in place you will then be asked to confirm that you have read and agreed to the election rules. The Youth Parliament team will contact you once successful nominations are live on the website in October.
To find out more about what being elected as a member of the Welsh Youth Parliament would involve, please click here.
WHY DO WE NEED THIS?
We need this information so that we can contact you to:
- Let you know that we’ve received your nomination, and tell you when it’s live on the website
- Tell you if there is an issue with your application
- Notify you of the result of the election
Your candidate statement, key issues and photo, along with your name and the constituency you are standing for election in will be made public and will appear on the electronic ballot paper that will be sent to all young people registered in your area. This information will also appear on the Welsh Youth Parliament website if you are elected for the duration of the two year term. All other details including your e-mail address, postal address, date of birth and contact telephone number will not be made public.